This recipe is super easy and amazingly delicious. There are many ways to make it your own. I recommend starting with your fruit already frozen if you want to taste some before it goes into the freezer a second time. It is also necessary to have a good high powered blender for this recipe because you need a strong motor to blend the frozen fruit with minimal liquid.
- 4-5 frozen bananas (quartered)
- 1-2 cups of other fruit as desired
- 4 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- water-just enough to make sure your blender blends it all together
- Put all of your fruit and maple syrup into the blender and blend. Pour in water slowly in the top as needed to ensure the blender blends. In this batch I used about 1/4 cup of water.
- Pour into a container and place in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours before serving. This delicious sorbet goes really well with our almond chocolate cake.
Try adding in raspberries, strawberries, mango, or blackberries. I do not recommend blueberries alone because of their high pectin content. It will be hard to blend. Consider using lemon juice in place of water to bring out the acidity of your fruits.
Jillian Carnrick, founder and manager of The Dancing Herbalist, has a Masters of Science Degree in Herbal Medicine, practices as a nutritionist, and is a Certified Personal Trainer and Exercise Is Medicine Professional through the American College of Sports Medicine. The Dancing Herbalist posts on this blog every Thursday. For more of our posts, join us on Patreon. Jillian also presents regular live classes in The Dancing Herbalist’s home herbalist courses online. For more learning opportunities or to work one-on-one with Jillian with her wellness and herbal consultationsvisit The Dancing Herbalist.com.